Saturday, February 2, 2008

Evaluating the web resources

To start with, I would like to introduce my groupmates. They are Venus, Paul and Fiona.

The website that we have chosen is http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/ks2bitesize/

During the discussion, we decided that we would evaluate the website based on the following criteria, namely operational description, teacher fit and learner fit.

First, we evaluated the website based on its operational description. For example, its activity type, screen layout, timing, etc.

Then, we evaluated how well the developer's assumptions about language and learning, i.e., teacher fit.

After that, we evaluated how well it suits the learners' needs. Since we are all senior primary teachers, we decided whether the site is suitable for senior Primary students or not while evaluating it.

Lastly, we asked ourselves how we could adopt it in teaching. In the website, one of the writing tasks is to ask students to write steps. According to the curriculum guide, it is introduced to students in Primary 5. That's why we're going to adopt it in our teaching.

So, what do you think about our evaluations and plans? Please feel free to leave any comments!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Dora, Venus, Paul, Fiona -

    Quite a good approach. I like the way that you have thought about how the website fits with the curriculum. I would also like to get an idea of the kind of activity that you would propose: a class activity, students working in groups, a project, independent learning?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for giving so many details, Dora.
    We would think more about the activity. Thanks, Christoph.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Dora, Venus, Paul and Fiona,

    I have read the detailos of your evaluating the web resources. I have clicked into your website and learned some activities. Your website is very attractive, interesting. But there are many different kinds of activities, which activities will you choose for teaching your students? Which activities will be evaluated?

    Fanny

    ReplyDelete